Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello there,

I am learning how to do horse racing refunds. What strikes me as difficult is that there is always a large gap between the odds at the bookie and the exchange. Seems to me the best value / least gap is just before the race starts?

Is that observation fairly correct?

If it is, how do you guys get your bets on without sitting there all day waiting for the races?

Thank you!

Michele1
    Participant

That is correct! Believe me, there have been days where I wanna rip y hair out. With time u kinda get a feel for the odds and when they gonna get better. Usually 15min or so before the race is a gud time to start looking. And on big race events on saturdays or festivals where there is a lot of action you can often get better odds long before the race.

Willie
    Participant

Hi John Bookie!

Thats a good point mate. To be honest, the best time place your bets is 15-20 minutes before the race!

The more you do it the better you will get at it!
    Horse racing has given me some good profits, just hang in there and make sure you stick to the process!

Cheers
    Wil

john.bookie
    Participant

Thanks Guys,

That’s a bit of a downer! I can’t sit there all day waiting for races to start 🙁 Just want to get up in the morning put my bets on, then go and spend all my profits (or go to my day job, *sigh*) 🙂

Hmm, can anyone think of a way around that? or is racing refunds not for me then? Would I be better off focusing on maybe football refunds?

Thanks heaps for any thoughts

Michele1
    Participant

Dont stress too much! U can still smash horses on weekends if you have time. Also NRL and AFL reloads are real good and when soccer in Europe and UK starts in August its great!

Willie
    Participant

Hi John,

That’s a problem I also have!

Weekend Horse Racing is very profitable in Australia and if you do only weekends you can make serious profits! (I basically only do weekends mate)

Ill give you a few Bookies I focus on weekends for Horse Racing:

PointsBet – $100 bonus bets in 18 races ($1800) if your horse comes 2nd
    Neds – $50 bonus bets if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd in 3 races ($150)
    CrownBet – $50 bonus bets if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd in 18 races ($1900)
    SportsBet – $50 bonus bets if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd in 18 races ($1900)

As you can see, their are over $3500 in bonus bets up for grabs on weekend racing.

If you do them consistently you will profit big time.

Don’t even stress about doing Horse racing in the week 🙂

Cheers

john.bookie
    Participant

Thanks for the motivation guys 🙂 Appreciate it. That’s certainly good news!

On the bad news front, I also work every second saturday which cramps my style 🙁 Might have to give up that day job if saturdays work out more profitable…Either that or give up my 15 min breaks and lunch 🙂

On a side note, I have been working on a trading application for betfair using their API in my spare time the last 12 months. If it’s worth the effort I can automate bet placement on betfair’s side….still have to do the bookie side manually tho….once I get the hang of it all, I might do that anyway….

Thank you!

Richard (MBA)
    Keymaster

Hey John!

Just do whatever you can for now and take it slow. You will get there eventually! As said above, NRL & AFL can be good too. And soccer season starts soon enough, where we often get a few guaranteed offers for the Premier League etc!

Let us know how your Betfair app goes =)

Willie
    Participant

No Worries John!

Good work on Betfair Trading! I need to check that out also 😉

Another quick thing that I also do during my lunch breaks are the Crownbet & SportsBet Race 1 risk-free offers from Monday to Friday (usually from 12am to 1pm – Lunch time 🙂 Basically guarantee yourself a $40+ in profits everyday as the offers are risk-free! These guys at Matched betting Australia have been very helpful in that sense by putting up the daily reload offers and the website!

Anyway, good luck with the MB!

Cheers mate

john.bookie
    Participant

Really appreciate the input guys. Those tips are all really helpful to me….I’m super keen to make it work. I sorta need to buy a new car haha 🙂

Regarding Betfair trading. It’s a lot more difficult that it looks. I wont side track this thread too much (but can start another thread if anyone is interested in discussing it). I have been working at it for about 12 months now, but I have made a lot of mistakes in a few ways. 95% of my time has sunk into software development issues and perhaps shooting too high, deving software is always a thornie pit…..I do however still hold faith once I have got over that hurdle, I’ll be on my way…in retrospect to what I am doing I’d be using something like betangle, gruss or geekstoy….I still think im 6 months away from making any mooney…

Matched betting is a sidetrack from that, but one thing I think it will help with is identifing strategies for trading….but yeah, that’s all a long term goal of mine….

Thanks everyone!

Willie
    Participant

Good luck with Betfair trading! It definitely does sound interesting!

At least with Matched Betting you know you will never lose! :))

I am gonna start a new thread called weekly profits so all of us matched bettors can stay motivated and help each other!

cheers.!

john.bookie
    Participant

> At least with Matched Betting you know you will never lose! :))

It’s true. Well unless you make a mistake. That classicbet matched deposit one is a bit of a bastard 🙂

..and besides I’m doing matched betting because I haven’t made any money trading yet…(although…in time I see light)….

Thanks heaps for all your advice, that thread shall be good to watch!

Michele1
    Participant

Exactly! Just focus and double check everything and u will be good! U doing the Classicbet signup?? Havent done them, I know they often have crazy big bonuses

Willie
    Participant

Did the classic Bet 3 weeks! Its deposit $1000 get $1000 which is the easiest $650 i have ever made!
    It really helped me get my matched betting funds up quickly!

The secret to not making a MB mistake is to double check your bookmaker, betfair and calculator Lay odds!

You will be good to go then!

Cheers

john.bookie
    Participant

Classicbet have a very large turnover. I’ve done two $650 deposit ones. Both have been a pain in the ass for me…

My second one, I was almost home, had 200 bucks left, everything had won at the exchange….then bam a series of long odds won…I’m now stuck at $1500 at classic bet and about $1200 in turn over left….after it’s all done I doubt I’ll make any profit….

Just something to be careful of…but probably not much you can do anything about…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.