Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone use a VPN for matched betting? I guess I should already be using one to protect myself. I am also off to Asia for a holiday and wanna do some MB so guess a VPN is needed.

Thoughts?

Richard (MBA)
    Keymaster

Hey.

Yes I have used one pretty much from the start. It’s just another way to secure yourself, especially as we always depositing and withdrawing cash.

See this article I wrote on VPN use & matched betting.

I am currently in Thailand and use a VPN perfectly well for all of my MB, so you will be fine doing so too!

Cheers

Meggs85
    Participant

Has anyone tried using overseas bookies from here using VPN? As I’ve heard there are bookies that accept bitcoin or maybe there are other ways to deposit/withdraw funds. Account verification might be tricky though or maybe not!

Richard (MBA)
    Keymaster

Hi Meggs85,

Unless you have a Bank Account overseas/Address overseas then it wont be possible.

If so, then you might be possible to do it!

Cheers

JP-B10
    Participant

I have just been on vacation in Indonesia (Bali) for 3 weeks and I managed to do a few Matched Bets while over these.

I used the Purevpn that Richard and the team suggested I use and it works really well!

If I was travelling full time, then I would definitely be doing Matched Betting to fund my travels especially in SE Asia where its dirt cheap.

If you planning on travelling for an extended period of time then do all your sign ups before you duck & then all y’ll need to do is get VPN then ya sorted haha

Good way to work & travel indeed but I suppose its too late for me with kids etc :(((

My advice while ya young – go and travel!

Cheers
    JP-B

JP-B10
    Participant

@Madcash – yes do it!

MJFox
    Participant

Hi, new to MBA and matched betting in general. I’ve always been a small mug punter, have some good days, have some bad days!!

I’m from WA and already have a few bookie accounts so definitely miss out on signup bonuses on those accounts and maybe all bring based in WA.

If I use a VPN do I determine where the IP address is coming from that the bookie sees? I.e. My brothers in Qld and has never been a bettor so if I do a deal with him and open new accounts using his name/address etc using a VPN, when opening the accounts can I set the IP address to Qld so I get all the signup deals?

Marcccc
    Participant

Yeah exactly! The bookies will see u as betting from QLD. I actually did the same thing with my cousins in the UK, I used their address and cards etc, and did it from Aus!

Check out this page about VPN recommendations: https://matchedbetting.wpengine.com/matched-betting-vpn/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.